MARINE HULL INSURANCE
Marine Hull policy provides cover for loss or damage to the insured’s vessel (boat, ship, liner) caused by various named perils such as perils of the sea, fire, explosion, theft, piracy, jettison, earthquake, volcanic eruption and physical damage caused by negligence of the master, officers, crew whilst in commission or laid up.
It also covers legal liabilities to third parties, legal costs and salvage charges.
This policy is ideal for boat, ship, liner or vessel owners, manufacturers and traders.
The insurance premium is a function of various factors including:
- Type of vessel
- Age of vessel
- Classification society
- Cruising Limits
- Trading area
- Experience of owners/managers
- Value of the vessel - hull and equipment
- Value of outboard engine
- Number of passengers
- Claims experience for last 5 years
- Possible future acquisitions.
- Number of crew members
- Desired third party liability limit for passengers
- Desired third party liability limit for the crew
- Desired third party liability limit for third party property damage
Standard Hull & Machinery Insurance is a named-peril policy, and all the perils not specifically mentioned are excluded. The most important ones are:
- Machinery breakdown not caused by any insured perils
- Liability to crew
- Environment related risks like pollution
- War risks perils
- Loss of Hire/ income after damage to the vessel
For assistance, contact our Customer Care teams on 0711-030140 and/or 0711-030105, email email@example.com or visit us at our various branches.