ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT INSURANCE (COMPUTER)
This is a comprehensive insurance package that caters for the actual repair/or replacement cost and other financial consequences following loss or damage to the computer installation arising from any accidental cause. It is important to obtain a list of items to insure giving the make, model and the serial number and the breakdown of the values of each computer must be obtained.
Scope of cover:
- Impact from objects dropped on or into the equipment
- Malicious damage and damage as a result of carelessness, including damage by thieves and potential thieves.
- Loss, including theft although restrictions on portable or easily transportable items.
- Fire and/lighting although you may wish to establish the extent of any aggregated fire commitment with the permanent fire policy.
- Damage caused by water or other liquids.
- Electronic or mechanical breakdown of air conditioning plant.
- Loss/damage to computer records or data carrying material, consisting of tapes, cards and disks containing programmers and data.
To facilitate faster rating the following rating factors should be noted.
- Kind of factory /business
- Types of machinery
- Age of Machinery
- Maintenance Contracts
- Sums insured, etc.
For assistance, contact our Customer Care teams on 0711-030140 and/or 0711-030105, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us at our various branches.