We are a motor vehicle insurance company.
Insurance is a mechanism through which persons transfer risk(s) to insurance companies at a fee called a premium. In return, the insurance companies promise to pay for the insured loss, should it occur.

Vehicle insurance protects you against financial loss in the event that your motor vehicle is involved in an accident, burnt or stolen. It also covers third party liabilities.

The Traffic Act requires all motor vehicles to be insured against third party risks. It is mandatory for operational vehicles to display a valid vehicle insurance certificate issued by an insurance company.

The amount charged for insurance coverage of a motor vehicle for a specified period.
Failure to pay insurance premiums as stipulated in the policy amounts to breach of policy terms and conditions. This leads to the termination of the contract.
This is a type of policy that covers third party bodily injury and property damage (liability) arising from use of the insured motor vehicle. Third-party cover is the most widely known and used policy in Kenya.

This is what you may call a full policy. It covers third party liability and property damage, damage arising from fire, theft and accidental damage to the vehicle.

Comprehensive doesn’t mean that all risks are covered. There are exclusions. Therefore, one needs to study the policy carefully to ensure that it meets their requirements.

We issue 3 insurance certificate classes:

Class A - Public Service Vehicles
Used for buses, Matatus, taxis, tuk-tuks and hire vehicles.

Class B – Commercial Vehicles
Used for lorries, trucks, pick-ups, institutional vehicles, tractors, tankers and trailers - commercial purposes.

Class C – Private Vehicles
Saloons and station wagons used for domestic and social purposes.

You will need to report any loss or damage to Directline in time and ensure that you submit all the necessary documents requested. You are required to co-operate with our team for the smooth handling of the claim.
One needs to be in possession of a genuine police abstract, National ID card, duly filled claim form, inspection report for property damage, medical reports (if any), treatment notes (if any), and a P3 form in case of bodily injuries.
Excess, also called a deductible, is the amount payable when a claim arises from a certain incident. Excess varies with the type of vehicle cover taken.
With an excess, the insured would tend to be more careful because a claim would result in them being out of pocket.

No. As the name suggests, motor vehicle comprehensive policy only protects damage or loss to the motor vehicle and any claim made by the third party.

Policyholders are therefore advised to buy separate insurance to protect them against loses arising from the use of the vehicle.

No. Vehicle insurance policies are not transferable because they are personal in nature.
No. Driving without insurance is illegal in Kenya.
Yes. However, cancellation of the policy will lead to a pro rata refund of the premiums so far paid.